Friday, February 12, 2010
All Quiet on the Home Front
I'm sorry I've been so quiet this week... I picked up some kind of a nasty stomach virus early this week and have been a mess ever since. I've lost 6 lbs. in water weight since Tuesday - 2 of those lbs. were just the standard PMS bloat, but 4 lbs. are healthy water weight. I would gladly trade them back if these symptoms would just disappear. I'm doing everything in my toolbox to re-hydrate, but may have to go into the hospital for a day or two to get some IV fluids. The large intestine is where most of the fluid we ingest is absorbed into the body, so - without a large intestine - dehydration is something I have to guard against constantly. In ten years, it's never once been a problem bad enough that I had to go the IV route. Rats! Breakin' my record!!! Thank goodness for that comfy new mattress. It's gotten quite a lot of use this week. I'll keep you posted, but don't be worried if I'm a bit quiet for a few more days. This virus has got to work its way through me eventually, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
36 comments:
Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. It's certainly not a nice way to lose weight! Glad you are getting lots of rest on your comfy new bed, and I hope you manage to avoid the IV route.
Sending good wishes your way.
Sorry you are feeling under the weather Jitterbug. Sending you good thoughts of health!
Wendy
Oh Heavens! I really hope you get well soon. Prayers being said for you! HUGS
I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Please take care of yourself and we'll all be waiting anxiously until you get back.
I hope you feel better soon! We've missed your postings!
Ugh, being sick is just awful. I hope you get well soon!
So sorry to hear that Jitterbug! Anything to do with the stomach has me acting like a baby I hate it so much!!
I'll be sending you tons of positive energy so you get better!!
There seems to be something going around...everyone at work is taking turns with this virus. Hope you feel better soon.
I join everyone else in blessing you to return to health quickly.
Stomach bugs are so debilitating, I hope you don't have to go to the hospital, and that you feel heaps better really soon! I loved The Grapes of Wrath, and can't wait to discuss it.
So sorry to hear that you are not well, hope you are on the mend soon!!
Get well soon , our house has had chest colds and flu. IT has been a hard winter. We will sit by your bed till your better.
I found your blog today, and I love it; I have been reading through it for hours. Reading your missions, house work and cooking has been absolutely fascinating. I am hooked!
I hope you are feeling better soon :)
I really hope you are okay! I'll speak for all of us - we miss you.
I hope you are feeling better! I know I've missed your posts and am concerned about you!
Hugs
Count me as one who misses you, too.
Praying that all is going well . . .
I have followed your blog for about three months without leaving a comment. But now I must add my best wishes and prayers for your return. You know, a lot of people miss you.
I'm so sorry you're not feeling well... You're in my prayers, Jitterbug!
I hope you are not still sick. Your are in our thoughts.
It's been well over a week since you've posted -- I'm sure I echo the thoughts and concerns of your many readers when I say I hope you are okay and simply taking time to rest at home. We look forward to your return!
Jitterbug....where are you? :( It's been two weeks! I hope you didn't have to go to the hospital after all. We are all thinking of you.
Oh boy, Jitterbug, you must be feeling really bad to be gone so long. You are missed, and I hope you are back to yourself real soon. Sending get well soon wishes your way.
Loving thoughts winging your way. Get better soon.
I'm checking in on you because it's been so long since we have heard from you and I'm getting worried about you. Are you ok? Please let us know.
I miss you and your posts.
Hugs,
Joanne
Please tell us you're okay; we're starting to get a little worried.
I agree.
I agree to the above comments! I hope everything is okay or going to be. We miss you!
we in blogland are getting worried. Hope things are okay. Keeping you in my prayers. Hope to hear from you soon.
At first I was jokingly going to say did you give up your blog for Lent. But now I am I not going to joke. We miss you and are worried about you.
I agree with all the other ladies: We miss you. I hope you are on the mend! Sending prayers and happy thoughts your way!!
Hey, how are you feeling now? We miss you!
Hope you feel better soon.
I'm just checking back to see if anyone has heard from you - I really hope everything is okay! You are in my prayers and I can't wait for an update and to hear that you are feeling better. We all miss you.
-Christine (from vintage123)
Jitterbug-sure hope you're on the mend! We miss you!
Oh please pop in just to say you are ok. Something is not right, this is not like you to be gone, even if you are sick.
I sure hope we hear something soon. I'm really concerned about you!
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hugs,
Joanne
I agree Jitterbug, it's almost been a month since you've posted anything. Just a blurp saying "i've been extrememly sick/busy/not into posting/etc. would at least put all of our minds at ease.
Hope you are o.k. and sending out lots of positive thoughts.
Post a Comment