Hello there, dear readers... It's Jitterbug - crawling out of the cave where she's been licking her wounds to check in with the world.
It's been a long few weeks since I last posted. The virus never resulted in dehydration, but shortly after my last post the symptoms morphed into something I thought was a bacterial infection. It actually turned out to have been an ovarian cyst which has since ruptured. Several doctors' visits + 1 CT scan + 2 courses of antibiotics + 1 ultrasound + lots of Vicodin later, I'm finally starting to feel like a human being again.
If there's anything good that's come out this, it's that I've realized how much my life before The Experiment resembled a sick person's. I had been physically healthy for years. My ulcerative colitis had been in remission for five years, yet I was still living the existence of somebody mired in illness. Buying supplies as they occurred to me. Eating catch as catch can. Opening my mail once a month or so. Clueless about how much money I had or where it was going. Moving in a fog from bed to work and back to bed again. I was forced to live like this for the past few weeks --- and it appalls me that I lost half a decade of my life to that lifestyle by choice. It was one thing during the years that I was actually dealing with illness and surgeries. Another thing entirely when the surgeries were over and my body was physically in good order. That's the toll that depression can take on somebody.
Oh, yes --- here's one more good thing. I was stuck at home so much during the last few weeks I got to watch season two of The Tudors. Drama-licious! Especially the finale. I'd never have thought I'd be weeping for the woman who got beheaded when I cheering for it one episode earlier. (Okay, the Vicodin may have been partially responsible for my mood swings.) I'm waiting for season one now so I can see what happened first. If you're on the lookout for a guilty pleasure, The Tudors might just fit the bill. And, hey, it's history. Educational, right?
So, I'm picking up the pieces. I'm not entirely comfortable yet and have two more tests to look forward to, but I want my life back. My biggest goal today is to get outdoors and walk. Slowly. 30 minutes at the park. It will have been the first time in three weeks that I've done a lick of exercise. And I'd like to slowly pick some things up around the house and start a shopping list for things I'll need from the grocery store this weekend. No heavy-duty cleaning, no stretching/toning --- just a little something normal. I promise I'll check in again soon...
27 comments:
So glad to see you back. Keep healing!
Happy to see you are coming back.
Such a relief to have you back again! Glad to hear you are feeling better and on the road back to health. Sounds like you've been through a lot, so just take things slowly.
So glad you are back, Jitterbug! And so sorry for your trouble! It does sound like you are on the mend though and that certainly is a good thing! Look forward to hearing from you soon!
I was starting to think you'd left us! Glad you're feeling better!
Oh--and I am a HUGE Tudors fan. I own season 1-3 and can't wait for season 4 to come out this Christmas. Seasons 1 and 2 have definitely been my faves though.
Good to see you again. We were getting worried about you. Ovarian cyst - whowee - ouch! I had one, and I'd say the pain of that is way worse than unmedicated childbirth.
OH I'm sooooooo happy to hear from you! Glad you are feeling better but sorry you have been going through so much.
I was really worried about you and every time I logged on to my blog I would quickly search to see if you up dated anything on your post.
SO you made me happy today.
Don't over do it though. Don't want you going away again.
Hugs,
Joanne
Oh my goodness, so glad to hear from you! I'm sorry you have been through so much...how awful. We were all very concerned. Take your time and pace yourself, easing back into normalcy.
I'm glad you're back. I really love your blog. I hope you feel better very soon.
Kate
I'm so glad you're feeling better. I'm looking forward to reading your posts again!
So sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope things get better soon, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
You're back! You're back! What a relief to finally hear from you. We were worried here in Blogland!
Continue to take it slowly like you're doing. We want you healthy!!
Yippee!!! Glad you've survived your ordeal! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
I'm glad you popped in. I started to worry!
I'm glad that this project has shown you how you want to live, but take it slowly until you're 100% again!!!
Take it easy, and take care of you!
Wendy
Happy to see you return. Hope you recover quickly.
Take care, Jitterbug!
So glad to hear you are on the mend! I was wondering what had happened since you hadn't posted in awhile.
Thanks for checking in with us Jitterbug. We were all so worried about you!
I'm so sorry to hear about your illness, but as with so many things in life, this too shall pass. Take it easy and don't try to rush things.
As for the Tudors, I love to watch it just for the guilty pleasure-drama induced stupor it puts me in, but the historical inaccuracies bother me SO much! LOL I think I am probably the only person that it bothers though. ;) Feel better soon!
I am so Glad you are better. We missed ya.
Very glad to see you back. I hope your recovery continues to go well and you're back to yourself soon!
I'm so glad you're feeling better. My sister had a issue with cycts, so I have a small (read:very small) idea of what you're going through. Please, take it easy. Feel Better Soon!
Gosh, so glad you are on the mend. You really had us worried. As the others have said, please don't over do things. Take it slow to start and build up as you did before.
Whew. Welcome back!
So glad to hear you are feeling better, take it easy and we'll all look forward to you future posts.
Jitterbug,
Once again, one of your quotes has touched me...So, what did I do?...I quoted you on my blog. ;) Thanks again for your inspiration.
Post a Comment