Just a quick post this evening to share the news from today's long-awaited tests...
My First Mammogram was a bit uncomfortable - particularly when they were taking views of the breast with the lump - but there were some views that didn't hurt at all. Strangely enough, I started blacking out about three views in, so the technician sat me right down and had me put my head between my knees while she got some apple juice for me. "First timer," she said quietly to somebody on the other side of the door. I'm not sure what that episode was all about. Pure fear or all that breath-holding stuff.
The ultrasound was much easier. Both technicians were very kind. The radiologist came into the room at the end of the ultrasound. She had already started reviewing my images and explained that everything she saw was "consistent with fibrocystic changes." I have "dense" breast tissue with lots of "calcifications." The lump is deep, though, and will probably need to be aspirated by a breast surgeon. She wanted me to discuss next steps with my doctor as soon as the results have been communicated.
So there you go. Not bad all 'round. Everything seems to be pointing toward a cyst.
Thank goodness.
17 comments:
Yay! Glad to hear of the good news! Based on family history it looks like I'm in for some cystic boobs as well. Oh joy! Though I'll take a fibroid any old day over the other option :/
This is great news! I have been keeping a good thought for you.
Happy Halloween!
Wendy
Glad to hear it's not too bad. Sorry to hear you had a rough time of if.
Good to hear!
Hooray!
Woo hoo!
I mean, not that that's all fun and games, either, but it's definitely not the worst.
Good to hear!
lpm
Wonderful news. Will continue to keep you in my prayers.
Happy to hear!
I'm glad to hear that it was something non-threatening. Also glad you survived your first mammogram - not looking forward to that experience!
Glad to hear the good news we will still send you thoughts and prayers. I know the mammogram is not fun but I still think they are better than paps . (I know they use gram for i.e.message, but to me its like they are trying to make it sound like telegram or monogram or something sweet.) Land shark... candy gram SNL Glad you're gonna be ok ;)
Yes, wonderful news! I'll be continuing to pray, too.
Those mammograms are rough. I was positive the girls were going to be a different shape when they were through LOL!
I'm "dense," too. The tissue, that is. Not my intellect...
Thank God! I went through that scariness earlier this year.
And I've nominated you for a blog award, should be up soon!
Took a road trip today (I take Mom back and forth to the Doctor) On the way back I listened to my Keri Noble cd. "talk to me" came on. I thought of you and Curly.You might listen to that song.
I talked to my doctor on Tuesday and she agreed that the lump looks like a cyst. I'm scheduled for a consult with a breast surgeon this next Tuesday for a second opinion, then we'll talk next steps. What a relief!
The mammogram was awkward and a bit painful, but at least I know what to expect from here on out. Roxanne, I didn't know my little bosom could be squashed that way either. :(
Ms. B, I warned my little sister that she's probably in for these cystic boobs herself. Time to take those self exams seriously... That goes for you, too!
Kalee, I'm headed right over to your blog...
Mrs Tailleur, I'll have to listen! Curly's on vacation this week, so I'm suffering a bit for my daily rush. *sigh*
Thank goodeness! We've been away for a week and the entire time I was thinking about you! So glad to hear it was good news!
Oh, you're such a darling! I hope you had a wonderful time in Oregon... Can't wait to read all about it. :)
Post a Comment