I've been off caffeine for four days now. You know what? It hasn't been half bad. A long nap on Sunday morning, lots of yawning on Tuesday morning, a fever/chills thing goin' on today - but no headache, no jitters. I'm surviving. Without that kick, decaf isn't even very interesting to me these days. So I spent some time looking at herbal teas at the grocery store this evening and finally settled on a box of vanilla honey chamomile. I do like nursing a hot cup of something in the a.m., so maybe I'll try out a few of these herbal teas...
This has been a tough fall. Ever since my boss went on vacation in September, I've been floundering a bit when it comes to The Experiment. And I can't seem to get my legs back under me. My crush really isn't doing me any favors either. Curly and I are definitely becoming what I'd call "work buds" --- which has been great, don't get me wrong. He's a wicked neat person and I'm enjoying getting to know him, but I'm also wildly attracted to him and I can't tell for the life of me whether it's mutual or not. As heady as it feels on the days I see or talk to him, I feel just as crushed as can be on the days I don't. It's got me in a tailspin. I thought a crush would be kinda nice in the beginning, but it's been a mixed bag lately and I hate that it's having a negative impact on my housework, etc.
What I'd like to do is to revisit some of my most basic missions and see if I can't pick myself up and carry forward with this thing. (I've still got so far to go!) Beginning tomorrow morning, I'm going to continue doing all that I've been doing, but there'll be no "hit or miss" when it comes to the specific tasks listed below. No excuses. I'm going to focus for the next seven days and make sure I've got my morning housekeeping routine back in place from beginning to end. This time without the caffeine.
Open window in bedroom on arising, for free circulation of air.
Throw back bed covers, including top sheet.
Carry soiled clothing to the hamper. Hang up other clothing. Put away any personal possessions out of place in the bedroom.
Prepare and serve breakfast.
Clear away dishes and misplaced articles from dining room, after breakfast.
Operate ventilating range hood while scraping, rinsing, and stacking dishes in the dishwasher. Leave pots and pans to soak in sink.
Put away food.
Make bed.
Close bedroom window if air conditioning will be used during day.
7 comments:
Congrats on the transition.
As to Curly, I could never figure out a man's intentions. I think us girls are a lot more subtle and give clues. My hubby always tells me that if he doesn't say it, nothing is going on behind the scenes. Maybe someone else is better with men and knows the answer ;)
See, that's the way I've come to feel over the years. If I guy likes you, he'll make sure you know. Still, it's hard to shake those instincts...
I've been married for 34 years and still don't understand my husband - or my son and brothers for that matter. But, then, they don't understand me, either.
First thing, before things get any worse for you is to find out if Curly is married or in a serious relationship. I don't know your work situation, so I'm not much help on who to recommend you ask.
Second thing, remember the work place is awkward for romance. You've figured that out! There are those pesky sexual harassment laws and *stuff*. Can you say something like, "I forgot my lunch today so I'm going to go to over to ____" and see if he "bites"?
Third thing. Be careful. We love you and don't want you to sink into a deep depression if this doesn't work out. Easier said than done. HUGS
I do know he's not married. There was a girlfriend in the picture as of several months ago, but I don't know whether that's still the case. No kids, either. So I've been able to ferret a little information out of a trusted source. I think I'll find out more directly from him as we become better friends. And ending up as friends would ABSOLUTELY be a-okay with me. He's that neat of a person.
Don't worry, Packmom! I won't be falling into any kind of depression over a guy. I've been thru the unrequited thing often enough in my 36 years to know you just dust yourself off, pick yourself up, and avoid them like the plague until the feelings subside. :)
Hugs right on back to you! Thank you very much for your advice.
Once a mom, always a mom. Just can't help it. LOL
My boyfriend, bless him, started our dating life by saying that 1) He wasn't very romantic by nature, and 2) He wasn't subtle.
As it turns out, he's quite romantic in his own understated little way, and not being subtle is a blessing. He's never tactless, but I never have to guess what he's thinking. I have a history of missing cues, so just having him lay it out is great.
I once got really annoyed by a music-store employee who asked me if the guitar strings I was buying were for my boyfriend. "No!" I told him, "They're for me!" What, did he think girls didn't play the guitar?
My brother had to point out to me, when I indignantly told him about it, that the guy was trying to find out if I was single or not. Doh!
Kori, that's awesome! :) I love the pictures of Grace Kelly... talk about style.
Latter-Day Flapper, I bet we're just as mysterious to guys as they are to us. Thank goodness there are still some people - like your BF - who just lay it out there. Makes things much easier, doesn't it!
Post a Comment