So I was a little disappointed to see 184 on the scale during this morning's weigh-in. That's 1 lb. higher than last Sunday's 183. My total weight loss in the 12 weeks since April 9 = 10 lbs. No time to fret, though. Onward and upward! I've got lots more work left to do --- and the monumental challenge of a week's vacation in front of me. It's going to be a battle just to keep up my walking and exercises and to stick to my new and improved eating habits. Especially while I'm traveling. (I usually relieve airport stress by eating!) This morning's results on the scale call for an intervention, but I'm going to make it a minor one. Just a few small changes...
Fitness
Did I mention that I've gone back to walking at lunch on weekdays? I didn't mind going to the rec center, but - between the workout and recovering from a stomachache from trying to eat anything beforehand - I was pretty much losing Monday and Wednesday evenings entirely. For now, I think I'd rather lose half my lunch hour. I'm going to kick things up a notch for this next mission by adding an additional five minutes to both my weekend workouts:
Walk 30 minutes a day, four times during the week.
Walk 65 minutes a day, both days during the weekend.
Reducing
I think my dessert mission is on the right track, but my dear readers have reminded me of some modern twists that might be a slight improvement on the vintage suggestions. I'm going to substitute sorbet for the sherbet. And when I need a chocolate fix, I'll make that pudding up with skim milk instead of 1%.
1/2 cup fat-free rainbow sherbet = 120 calories
vs.
1/2 cup raspberry sorbet = 80 calories
1/2 cup chocolate pudding (1% organic milk) = 140 calories
vs.
1/2 cup chocolate pudding (organic skim milk) = 130 calories
vs.
1/2 cup raspberry sorbet = 80 calories
1/2 cup chocolate pudding (1% organic milk) = 140 calories
vs.
1/2 cup chocolate pudding (organic skim milk) = 130 calories
Having some skim milk around the house means I'll be able to use it in all sorts of things - from my morning coffee to scrambled eggs and mashed potatoes! I'll be back later today with a housekeeping post...
6 comments:
Please, don't fret about not losing pounds. You are gaining muscle. Also, one pound could be that time of the month bloating or water retention. Please be sure to eat something at lunch. You don't want to get hungry and then give in to a craving later. Enjoy your vacation. Eat in moderation, but do enjoy it and the food that goes with it. :)
Don't worry about the pound. You have done fabulous so far.
I agree with Packrat. Hang in there it's only a matter of time and you'll see the scale start to move. I would try to stay away from it and worry about how it makes you feel and see how you're clothes are fitting.
Carey
Packrat, don't worry. I am definitely not skipping my lunch entirely! The closer it gets, the more excited I get about my vacation...
Thanks for the thumbs up, Amanda and Carey! This reducing things just inches along, but it is inching in the right direction.
Congratulations about your entire weightloss program. It is true that muscle weighs more, so it could be your adding muscle. I don't care about the scale myself, I just go by inches and how my clothes fit. I definitely still need to drop more weight, of course if I do 1905 next year, I can just pull my corset a little tighter, right?
I guess that girdle will have been good training!
Post a Comment