
Well, imagine my surprise when I was browsing through the LIFE photo archive and came across this photo taken just a moment later. It looks like the photographer moved closer to and just to the right of the couple. Sailor and nurse are still in full liplock. Check out the reactions of some of the onlookers!

Sheesh. I must have kissing on the brain or something...
5 comments:
i love that picture! (the original) it is so iconic and fabulous...and i'd never seen the second one! that woman looks so shocked/amused.
ps am new to your blog but hurrah the forties!! have added you to my blogroll, i hope you don't mind... :)
i love the fact that she has white seamed stockings...
Rachel, that's awesome! Thank you. I love the woman gaping in the background. :)
weenie_elise, I love how crisp and white nurses' uniforms used to be. From cap to stockings.
It's a timeless, magical image.
You must have kissing on the brain because you have a crush ;)
lpm
lpm, that man's got me all kinds of distracted! :)
Post a Comment