Tuesday, May 26, 2009

4 + 3 = 7

Three more pounds! Three more pounds!
I have lo-ost three more pounds!

*Sung to the tune of Disney's "Be Our Guest" while dancing around the apartment like an animated candelabra.

Seriously, gals, three pounds in one week. All because I gave ice cream the ol' heave-ho and added a fifth lap onto my weekend walks?!? As I stepped on the scale this morning, I tried so hard to visualize the number 189. Just wanted to crack into the 180s so bad... I practically fell over when 187 appeared, as you can imagine! That's seven pounds lost in all since beginning this fitness and reducing plan. Hooray!!!

Off to celebrate - and to knock on some wood. I'm totally jinxing myself for next week!

11 comments:

Poke Salad Annie said...

congratulations! :D

Kathy said...

Congrats! Its amazing how cutting sweets from your everyday meals really helps. I'm excited for you.

Packrat said...

Super! Way to go!

Teru said...

WOO HOOOOOOOO!

prairieknitter01 said...

Hooray for you!!

Jitterbug said...

Thanks, everybody! It was a very thrilling morning!!! It's hard to tell from week to week what's going to happen when I step on that scale, but at least I'm headed in the right direction again.

Rebecca Liceaga - Los Angeles Makeup Artist said...

A HUGE congrats Jitterbug!

Hairball T. Hairball said...

Congrats Jitterbug!

I saw this tip today about removing grease stains from clothing. It made me think about those shirts of yours that got grease spots on them while you were cooking. Have you had any success at removing the spots?

Stephanie said...

Way to go. Staying the course paid off. You are well on your way now.

Amypie71 said...

well done :-)

Jitterbug said...

Whoo-hoo! Thank you all for stopping in with a congratulations!!! It's been three maybe four years since I saw the 180s. Onward and downward...

Hairball, I like the sound of that tip. I'm going to see if I can find any more reviews of that product to see if everybody's in agreement. I've actually turned those shirts with the grease stains into my workout wear since, well, I'm not too particular yet about what I sweat in. So it's worked out okay that they're no longer suitable to leave the house. I've been trying to be mindful of wearing the full front aprons when I'm working at the stovetop, so no new stains that I know of yet. Thanks for reminding me about this. As somebody who doesn't usually realize there's a stain until AFTER something's been through the washer and dryer, this would be a lifesaver.