Sound the alarm! It's time for a mid-mission intervention!!!
I stepped on the scale this morning for my Friday morning weigh-in and found the scale hadn't budged at all since last week. Not a pound. It hangs there at 192 - which is exactly what I weighed last Friday. And three weeks in is way too early to plateau... So it's time for a mid-mission intervention. It's only been a few days since I set some goals for the week ahead, but I'm going to step in now and bump them up a notch - at least the fitness and reducing goals. I will not step on that scale next Friday to the same results as today!
Fitness
Walk 30 minutes a day, three times during the week.
Walk 45 minutes a day, both days during the weekend.
Reducing
No eating anything I haven't purchased at the grocery store. It's only at the grocery store where I usually make choices based on planning and forethought, not reflex. That means no takeout, no lunch ordered in, no convenience stores... Nothing that hasn't been purchased at either the supermarket on Saturdays or the natural foods store on Wednesdays. I will make an exception for the odd social activity or the rare occasion that I truly forget to pack my lunch for the workday, but these exceptions should be few and far between.
This one's going to hurt.
Effective immediately.
5 comments:
Im trying to thin down myself. Ill be your support if you be mine :). I wish you the best of luck, drink tons of water!
♥Darla
Yes, like Retro said, lots of water! If the taste satrts to get to you, you can always try flavoring it with some Crystal Light or something as simple as lemons. Good luck! Those plateaus are awful!
That sounds like a great plan. I, too, have more control at the grocery store and when I stay home and take my lunch I eat much better. Not to mention saving money!
I've recently found a way to get myself to drink more water. I happen to work from home most days, but it wouldn't be hard to set it up at work either. I have a jug and I buy some lemons. Every day before I sit down to work I fill up my jug, add a few slices of lemon and grab a glass. Its right there on my desk, and somehow using a glass and a pitcher makes it seem like restaurant water.
Good luck, you've got lots of fans rooting for you!
Just be careful with the lemons and water, if you make it for you fridge, don't leave the lemons and water in there for more than a day or two, as it will start to stagnate and can make you rather ill, so fresh lemon in water good, water floating in lemon for a few days, bad. What is so refreshing in hot summer, cucumber water! ALso, only fresh or for the day, don't leave them floating for days. Good luck. I need to start weighing myself. I am losing weight, I know, because of my clothes fitting or well at least inches, I don't care what I weigh if I feel like my clothes fit right. Not sure if that is a good system or not. Hubby said he is getting heavier, so I need to take a break on my baking, so that should help my waistline AND give me more time to garden and do my house!
We'll do this together, Darla!
Emer, I made a conscious effort to drink more water throughout the day today at work. Fortunately, we have filtered water and an ice machine in the refrigerator, so I have plenty of ice cold water right at hand on weekdays. I'm going to make it formal and make water a mission one of these days...
Kathryn, you're so sweet. I agree about the home-packed lunches. Our intentions are so much better several hours beforehand that right there at about noon!
50sgal, with summer on its way and fresh garden produce, you'll probably find yourself doing less baking quite naturally... Thanks for the head's up on using fresh lemons or cucumbers in water.
Post a Comment