Saturday, May 16, 2009

Again! Again!



My youngest niece (and goddaughter) is one today. Little Poppet was the life of the party in her ivory floral dress - with matching bloomers, of course! We celebrated at one of the quieter parks here in the city. A picnic breakfast and a lovely lemon cake. Her big sister "helped" quite a bit when it came time for opening gifts, but Poppet was blissfully content just to hold her cards and gaze at the pictures. Kitten wore a bright pink plaid sundress and wore Auntie out with her new favorite game, Ring Around the Rosy. "Again!" "Again!" Actually, I think I did spend too much time in the heat and sun. I fell asleep when I got home and didn't wake up until almost 5:00!

The highlight of my morning was the first thing my sister's mother-in-law said to me: "You've lost weight!" Could it be? Is all this work and deprivation paying off --- even though I can't see it in my own mirror??? I scoffed it off and muttered something about "three pounds," but inside I was jumping for joy.

So, I've slept off the party and am working on my water for the day. On to the kitchen...

No comments: